The Success Story
The 2nd Global Public Health Conference (Globeheal 2019)
The 2nd Global Public Health Conference 2019 was organized by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka in collaboration with the “Nursing Programme, School of Health Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia” as the Hosting Partner and “University of Muhammadiyah Malang, Indonesia” as the Academic Partner of the Conference.
The Conference was held on 14th – 15th February 2019 in Colombo, Sri Lanka under the theme “Enhancing Global Health Development towards Sustainable Healthy Communities”. GlobeHEAL2019 was chaired by the renowned key person in the field of Global Public health Professor Dr. Wong Li Ping (University of Malaya, Malaysia).
The opening remarks of the conference were made by Conference Chair Professor Dr. Wong Li Ping (University of Malaya, Malaysia) together with Mr. Isanka P. Gamage (Managing Director, The International Institute of Knowledge Management).
CONFERENCE CHAIR AND KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
The 2nd Global Public Health Conference 2019 was a great platform academicians, researchers, advocacy groups and delegates from worldwide and members of professional bodies to exchange their newest knowledge.
Keynote forum was one of the most significant moments during the Conference and it was enlightened by Dr. Peter Navario (Clinical Associate Professor of Public Health Policy and Management, Executive Director, Health Right International, NYU College of Global Public Health, USA) under the topic “$500 billion in a Decade: Reflections on development assistance for health in the MDG-era and prospects for achieving SDG 3”.
Professor Dr Wong Li Ping
[ Conference Chair ]
University of Malaya
Dr. Peter Navario
[ Keynote Speaker ]
Clinical Associate Professor of Public Health Policy and Management
Executive Director, HealthRight International
NYU College of Global Public Health
Speech Title: ” $500 billion in a Decade: Reflections on development assistance for health in the MDG-era and prospects for achieving SDG 3 “
- Dr. Kasmah Wati Pardi,Universiti Sains Malaysia,Malaysia
- Dr. Hapsah Mohd Dusa,Ministry of Health,Malaysia
- Dr. Whitehead,London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
- Dr. Azlina Yusuf,Universiti Sains Malaysia,Malaysia
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Fiaz Qamar,University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan
- Dr. Sampatha Goonewardena, University of Sri Jayewardenepura,Sri Lanka
- Dr Wong Li Ping, University of Malaya, Malaysia
Dr. Peter Navario, HealthRight International NYU College of Global Public Health,USA
- Dr. Vineet Daniel Alex, Annoor Dental College and Hospital,India
- Dr. Jessa Mae B. Rosete, Department of Health, Philippines
Conference Participants from 20+ countries
GlobeHeal 2019 provided a solid platform for eminent researchers and policymakers from across the globe to share their research findings with one another and to discuss the policy implications. The conference provided a refreshing experience for all, especially for the young researchers who had the opportunity to share their research findings on an international platform and to gain a better understanding about how other individuals and organizations are meeting the Global Health challenges.
The conference was comprised of international researchers representing the following Nations.
- Sri Lanka
- Republic of Korea
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia
The conference comprised of eight (08) technical sessions along with poster session and two (02) 3CX online video presentation sessions as well. The technical sessions were under the below themes.
- Global Non-Communicable Diseases Prevention Strategies
- Social Determinants, Society, Quality, Inequity In Low Middle-Income Countries In Global Public Health
- Healthcare Epidemiology, Multidisciplinary Approaches, Communication And Promotion In Global Public Health
- Women And Child Health
- Education & Community-Based Health Practices
Session Chairs and Evaluation Panel members
- Kasmah Wati Pardi (Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia)
- Hapsah Mohd Dusa (Ministry of Health, Malaysia)
- Azlina Yusuf (Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia)
- Whitehead (London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom)
- Milka V. Londhe ((Universiti Sains Malaysia Malaysia)
Evaluation Panel Members
- Wong Li Ping (University of Malaya, Malaysia)
- Peter Navario (NYU College of Global Public Health, USA)
- Rosete J.M.B. (Municipal Health Officer – Limasawa / Doctors to the Barrios – Department of Health, Philippines)
- Vineet Daniel Alex (Kerala University of Health Sciences, India)
- Sampatha Goonewardena (University of Sri Jayewardenepura,Sri Lanka)
- Wong Li Ping , University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Peter Navario , NYU College of Global Public Health, USA
- Rosete J.M.B. , Municipal Health Officer – Limasawa / Doctors to the Barrios – Department of Health, Philippines
- Vineet Daniel Alex , Kerala University of Health Sciences, India
- Sampatha Goonewardena , University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
- Raymond D. Blind, Vanderbilt University, United States
- Tun Myint, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Sr. Dr. J. Josepha, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Chulaporn Sot, Khon Kaen University , Thailand
- Nwagha Theresa Ukamaka, University of Nigeria, Nigeria
- Shyamkumar Sriram, University of South Carolina, United States
- Shohael Mahmud Arafat, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Bangladesh
- Saira Mehnaz, Aligarh Muslim University, India
- Nalan Linda Fraim, Final International University, Cyprus
- Jo Ann Andoy Galvan, Taylors University, Malaysia
- Nilanjana Ghosh, North Bengal Medical College, India
- Nitchatorn Panomai, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
- Nasrin Banu Laskar, Sikkim Manipal University, India
- Muhammad Nur Azimi Azizan, University Selangor, Malaysia
- Guru Prasad Mohanta, Annamalai University, India
- Haroon Rahim, Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology Peshawar, Pakistan
All accepted abstracts for the 2nd Global Public Health Conference 2019 will be published in the conference abstract book with an associated ISBN 978-955-3605-23-8. All full papers will be reviewed through a double blind reviewing process and published electronically with an ISSN 2613-8417 in the proceedings with a DOI Number (DOI prefix: 10.17501).
Accepted papers will be published in conference proceedings and will be submitted to Google Scholar, Scopus and Thomson Reuters for possible indexing.
Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research
Editor in Chief: Prof. Albert Wertheimer
Publisher: Wiley Online Library
Journal Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/17598893
Scope Pharmacoeconomics, health economics, finance, health outcomes, health planning and policy analysis, technology assessment and pharmacoepidemiology, financial implications and political outcomes of drug policy, etc..
Indexed in |Indexed in SCOPUS, Embase (Elsevier), Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics), Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics).
Health Care for Women International
Print ISSN: 0739-9332
Online ISSN: 1096-4665
Editor in Chief Eleanor Krassen Covan
Publisher Taylor & Francis
Journal Link https://goo.gl/eizR3d
Indexed in ISI: Social Sciences Citation Index, SCOPUS, CSA, EBSCO, EMBASE, ISI, LegalTrac, MEDLINE, OCLC, PsycINFO, and many more.
Scope Health Care for Women International includes the newest research, theories, and issues in the fields of public health, social science, health care practice, and health care policy. Scholars and practitioners address topics such as cultural differences, alternative lifestyles, domestic violence, public health issues associated with the aging of the population, maternal morbidity and mortality, infectious diseases, and a host of other gender-based ethical issues.
Ms. Janani Ganapathi
Mr. Bilal Ahmed
Ms. Liang-Ling Kuo
Mr. Teguh dwi & Mr. ABD. Rahman